Weddings at The Barnhill Center
“This place is phenomenal! Our daughter had her dream wedding and it was beyond anything we could have imagined. I can’t express enough how amazing our experience was!”
– A Barnhill Bride’s Happy Mother
Our Available Spaces
Looking for a one-of-a-kind ceremony venue? The Hasskarl Auditorium is a 321 seat vintage Vaudeville theatre restored to its original beauty with modern-day technology such as Digital Cinema Projection. The theatre makes for a one-of-a-kind ceremony location that you and your guests will never forget.
The Bullock Ballroom offers seating for up to 200 people and features beautiful Chiavari chairs, original 1925 wood floors, gold and crystal chandeliers and wall sconces, and four different types of tables including conference, banquet, 60 inch round tables, and cocktail tables for a unique layout. The ballroom also offers a dedicated niche for a band or DJ, state-of-the-art Audio/video system, catering kitchen, and elegant restrooms.
Our newest space is Morriss Hall which was completed in 2020. Morriss Hall offers seating for up to 220 people and features a more modern aesthetic including carpeted floors, elegant bowl chandeliers, and two huge windows at either end of the room that look out into Alamo Alley and Douglas Street. Morriss Hall also features an airwall that when put into place creates two smaller rooms – the Sam D.W. Low Jr. Room with capacity around 120 and the Johnie Schulte Jr. Room with capacity for up to 75. Morriss Hall has modern audio and visual equipment in both spaces and features restrooms and a catering prep area in the hallway just outside the rooms. Morriss Hall is a great space for a grand rehearsal dinner, wedding shower and more!
You will feel the charm of the old and appreciate the convenience of the modern updates—the best of both worlds.
Your wedding rental includes all of the following amenities:
- If a full day of the Bullock Ballroom is rented, additional clean-up time is included (if available) on the day immediately following an event from 8am – 12noon.
- An on-site member of our staff at your event to handle all lighting, A/V, monitor/maintain restrooms, HVAC, and will be available for any other needs that arise regarding the facility.
- Tables (4 different styles to choose from)
- Initial set-up of tables and chairs in a design created exclusively for your needs.
- Key-code access to The Barnhill Center for you and your vendors – makes access incredibly easy for you and your vendors.
- Use of full caterer’s kitchen located directly off of the ballroom. The kitchen includes an ice machine, warmers, industrial-sized refrigerator, dishwashing station, and lots of counter space for food prep.
- You can utilize any caterer, florist, planner, etc. that you wish. There are no vendor restrictions.
The Barnhill Center—sophisticated elegance of historic proportions for your memorable event.
Call 979-337-7240 or submit the form below to discuss your dream wedding plans or schedule a tour.